1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie better than the book?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think this would be easier for people to say what movies they thought were better than the book. we'd get about eight responses.

2. I would say Shawshank, but does it really apply since it was a short story? Semantics, I suppose.

I thought Forrest Gump, the book, was great. But Hanks' job in the movie puts it over the top for me.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Movie better than the book?

To Kill A Mockingbird, Hunt For Red October

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The Godfather. I liked the book, but the movie is better.

5. The movies are incredible, but the books are legendary. Both are among the best of their medium I've ever seen, but the books are better because books can pack more in than a film can.

6. I heard he considered making up an alternate handle and just agreeing with everything he posted, but it wasn't his style.

7. There's this handy function at the top called "search" that works pretty well.
    That's how I found the old thread.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

So. Goddamn. Fucking. Solid.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The Passion of the Christ

10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

great call!

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you lost me.

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Great movie, but I loved the book. There were a lot of small, subtle things in the book that just couldn't be translated to film.

Draft saved Draft deleted