1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movement in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Mira

Mira Member

Rick is, in my estimation, one of the nicest guys in the business. And a damn fine reporter, too.

2. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I don't know Boehler at all, but I do know stringers at my shop (and other places I've been) aren't the best of writers, but we have some great people on the desk working miracles with the raw copy. I think that's the tough spot stringers are stuck in. While they may drastically improve, they're stuck with whatever first impression they may have given.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

True. People on the desk routinely make chicken salad out of the very raw copy turned in by many part-timers (and quite a few full-timers as well).

4. PressBoxJunky

PressBoxJunky New Member

Boehler, aside from Rick Braun, has been screwed more than anybody in that office. Braun got jobbed.

5. tpirfan

tpirfan New Member

I met Rick at a Brewers-Twins weekend series in Minneapolis in 2006. Great guy and a fantastic writer.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

LOL, yeah yeah yeah, I get it. But this seemed like the best place.

Posted without comment.

http://www.howardmediawave.com/

7. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

Whoa, that site is insane. The design looks like it's stuck on the year 1998 and there's some grammar errors.

Cool stuff, though. Garry's a fun guy to talk to and I've always liked his stuff on Preps Plus.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Does this mean Garry is ready to end his run of fraudery (or would it be fraudulence?) at the Milwaukee J-S? Or is he going to offer all of these sports-journalism opportunities touted on the Web site courtesy of his position at the newspaper? That has to be a couple of dozen ethical violations right there.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

After all of that, maybe he can high-five Ray Allen during a game again...

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Say what?

11. derwood

derwood Active Member

Is he still employed?

12. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Oh.

My.

God.

Draft saved Draft deleted