1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Move Along, Nothing To See Here.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Jan 7, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Don't search youtube looking for Steve Irwin's death.

http://ca.entertainment.yahoo.com/s/03012007/2/entertain-wife-quot-crocodile-hunter-quot-steve-irwin-handed-tape.html

2. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yep, that's nice.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Somebody somwehere will try to press a claim in the Australian courts that the public has a right to see that video. And that somebody somewhere would be wrong.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That person would also lose the case as I would assume that the courts would rule that the footage is the property of the production company and the family and they don't have to share the footage.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I believe law enforcement officials had copies of the video as part of the mandatory investigation; from a certain point of view, that video tape should be available to the public. I don't happen to agree.

7. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

The sad part is, you're right. I don't think I'll ever understand why people have such a need to see stuff like this. And feel so strongly about it, in fact, to go to court over it. Dispicable.

Draft saved Draft deleted