1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mount Rapmore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, May 2, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

My only problem is that he hasn't actually "rapped" enough. He is easily a top-5 producer, maybe even third behind Rubin and Simmons, and maybe even second. But one more album would've been nice.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He had a bunch of albums with NWA. So whenever Detox comes out, he'll make your list?

3. He's rapped more than B.I.G., right?
    There goes that argument.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Rakim.
    KRS-One.
    Chuck D. of Public Enemy.
    Q-Tip from Tribe Called Quest.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was waiting for someone to mention KRS-One. He's in mine, along with Dre, Jay-Z and Tupac.

Are we allowed to count groups? Because then NWA is in mine in place of just Dre.

EDIT: Dammit, Norm! You edited your post.

6. Norman Stansfield

If NWA isn't allowable, one could argue for both Ice Cube and Eazy E, in addition to Dr. Dre.

Poor DJ Yella...

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And MC Ren.

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Guess so. Thanks.

9. Norman Stansfield

It's too bad Ren's solo work never hit it big, because he had the best voice out of anyone in the group.

10. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I'm sorry, but this thread is as empty as can be because the most important face on the mountain hasn't been mentioned. (I checked before I posted and give credit to Norman)

1. Rakim

As for the rest, here's a pool to pluck the final three from: KRS One, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Biggie, Tupac, Big L, Melle Mel, Chuck D, Jay Z. That list could go on and on, of course, but any list without Rakim at the top gets automatically disqualified for me. Without Rakim, you have no Biggie, Pac, Nas or Jay Z. And without that quartet, all you have today is Soulja Boy, D4L and no one else even half-way recent to keep hip hop going.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Melle Mel
    Ice T
    Big Daddy Kane
    LL Kool J

12. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

How can you recognize Melle Mel and Kane and not mention Rakim?

Draft saved Draft deleted