1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother of the year candidate: Landon Collins' mom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 5, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Big concern at Alabama and LSU, no doubt.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I could give a shit what school it was
    Bigger issue I have the the pressure this kid was under to announce on these bullshit all-star games, Maybe they wanted to talk more, but were told that he wouldn't get on TV. And he wanted his moment.
    God forbid Mom displayed genuine emotion. Let's fucking shoot her and turn her into Casey Anthony because she thought her kid could have made a better choice.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good point. Moms may have been saying that cause she already spent the LSU money and figured they'd get a shoutout at least.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

But, he couldn't have. And that was very selfish. And can we get this kid a LOI fast enough before his pussycat mom starts trying to talk him out of a perfectly fine choice? 8)

Roll Tide.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is the kid 18? If not, doesn't the parent have to sign the LOI?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I shouldn't get involved in this because I hate everything about recruiting and recruiting coverage and it makes me irrational. I remember sitting in a press room before a basketball game a few years back, listening to another writer complain about having to knock out a story about three kids who "de-committed" from the school he covered.

Not a knock on him. His paper covered recruiting.

But how 'bout this? Don't want to cover de-commits? Then don't cover commits. They are meaningless. Non-binding, as worthless as they can be. Talk to me when you SIGN. That's when the public will know FOR SURE where you are going. Well, maybe. Assuming you qualify.

We turn these kids into prima donnas way too early.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

By that logic, should we no longer cover/pay attention to the NFL draft until draft day?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sig worthy!

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. The players up for the NFL draft have no control over who drafts them and if they are drafted at all.

Though I am a soft commit for the Cleveland Browns.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're too talented. Go somewhere else.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK. I'm gonna go-ahead an de-commit then. Can I still get my five recruiting visits?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Would it have been asking a lot for Mom not to put in a stick of Doublemint before going on camera?

Draft saved Draft deleted