1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother Nature is a whore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The weather doesn't scare me. The asstarts who never learned how to properly drive on ice and therefore, see two flakes and freak the fuck out do.

I learned properly: driving on a solid sheet of ice with no traction in a rear-wheel drive truck. I visited many a ditch but I never got stuck and now I can drive on anything.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We had a couple of really bad ice storms during my two years in Lexington and it was high comedy watching people try drive.

Kentucky's far enough north that you'd think the hillbillies would at least have some experience with that kind of weather.

First year I was there a storm hit during the SEC men's basketball tournament. Wade Houston's last Tennessee team got violated like Ned Beatty in Deliverance by UK on Friday night and had to sit around Lexington until Sunday before the interstate opened and they could get home. Fun times for them.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Mother Nature is a two-bit whore with a $2 return.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

U.S. 75 north of the Red River is a skating rink. I just heard of a multicar accident south of the bridge. Shit's coming.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've seen snow twice this year. No complaints from me.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I love that everyone is talking about how they aren't scared of the winter weather and the things that come with it.

I'll be the first to admit, I am terrified of driving in snow. I hate it.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, I love snow, I just don't like it when it it drops from 75 during the day to 27 at night. Or when the wind blows 40 mph and it is 32 out. That's what I don't like.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Driving in snow isn't too bad, it's ice that is scary as hell.

That said, I wouldn't hop in my car and try to drive over Snoqualmie just because.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

No way. not me. I never drove in snow until last winter in Oregon and that was more than enough for me.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't mind driving through snow, per se. It's the ice that's the real problem. Especially if it's black ice.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm not worried about driving in winter weather... I'm worried about the idiots in the other cars not being able to drive in it.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

OK, what I meant was ice. The other night someone took my parking spot at my apartment and I had to park on a hill which has a rather large incline. Getting up the hill to try and get out to the street was hard, getting down the hill was easy, I just slid down.

EDIT: Slappy, just what are you trying to imply ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted