1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother Nature at it again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smash Williams, May 22, 2011.

1. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Tornado sirens going off in Joplin...

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Joplin under a tornado warning for the next half hour. Radar shows they're about to get hit with the red blob of the storm.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Apparently Mother Nature's gonna' try and pick up the 3, 6, 9 and 10 pins.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Two people dead in Stafford County, Kansas from a tornado. Apartment complex in nearby Great Bend catches fire.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I wonder if people in Hoisington still shit their pants everytime a thunderstorm rolls through.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Funnel cloud spotted 10 miles from Joplin.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Breaks my heart to see the destruction in Joplin. I really enjoyed the times I have visited there. Here's praying for an end to the terrible weather.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It appears the worst of the storm passed Joplin this time. There was a tornado warning in a county about 60 miles NE from about 10:15 to 11:30 but there's no news from there.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TWC is reporting the small town of Denning, Ark., took a direct hit from a big tornado.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You mean, the place that got hit by a massive tornado on prom night about nine or so years ago?

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That would be it.

12. billikens

billikens Member

I just drove through Hoisington over the weekend. I started working in that area about a year after the tornado, when they'd rebuilt the football field, and most of the homes on that side of the town. You could almost see the path the tornado took, just based on the tree line of what was clearly an aged neighborhood, and what was brand new, and in some cases, less than 100 feet separated the two.

Draft saved Draft deleted