1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother hangs three daughters, self; infant survives

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, May 29, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Thanks, I got nothing but love for you, too.

2. zagoshe

sorry, fixed

3. zagoshe

I was being sarcastic and my point was simple -- we live in a fucked up world with fucked up individuals and a lot of lunatics, but the only time we seem to focus on the lunatics and how fucked up our culture is and not their weapon of choice is when they kill people with something other than a gun.

This is obviously a very sad story and she was a disturbed women -- that wouldn't have changed had she used a gun but there'd be far more of an outrage about the fact that she used a gun than the fact that kids were killed had she used one.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

THE YOU KNOW WHAT WHICH SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED has just for the first time been pushed by yours truly.

5. zagoshe

I got nothing but love for you too you man. It is all right, we'll help you work through these anger issues you are having. Breathe in, breathe out. You can do it, I know you can. I got faith in you.....

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Here's the first graph of the story, in case you missed it:

HUDSON OAKS, Texas (AP) - Inside her rural, locked home, Gilberta Estrada apparently fashioned nooses for each of her four young children using clothing and sashes.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

To Zag's credit, he went back and changed it to blue. But it was poorly timed and wouldn't have worked had it posted in blue to begin with.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hear, hear. It's so incredibly cowardly for someone to take others out along with them when the feel the need to check out. Especially young innocents. DOY---Do Only Yourself.

I hope there's a special place in hell for people like this lady who rob their own young children of a full life ahead, regardless of the trials and tribulations that might bring. A place that brings eternal pain of the highest magnitude.

9. zagoshe

OK, my bad, fixed again

Draft saved Draft deleted