1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most overrated actor ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

For me, it's Al Pacino.

I think he has had one good performance in the past 30 years, Sea of Love.

Everything from Scarface on has been this look-at-me screamfest.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Dan Marino

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Goddamned Italians.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

He's done some junk...but he was great in "Carlito's Way", "Glengarry Glen Ross", "Heat," "The Insider", "Insomnia" and "Donnie Brasco". I thought he was kind of understated in a couple of 'em. The problem is that lousy turn he did in "Scent of a Woman" ends up overshadowing some of those other flicks.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mickey Rourke

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I disagree with much above, but you are right about The Insider. I had forgotten that, a rare instance where he is overshadowed.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

To me, I think it would be Martin Lawrence. And I know I'm the only one that probably thinks this, but Eddie Murphy dosn't make me laugh at all.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Alec Baldwin

9. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

My top three - 1.) Tom Cruise, 2.) Michael Douglas, 3.) Leonardo Dicaprio

** Speaking of Al, I'll watch pretty much anything he's in.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Except in Glengarry Glen Ross.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

1. Keanu Reeves

1a. Richard Gere

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Adam Sandler...he's done some amusing stuff, but he's not that funny. The problem is, he does all these stupid PG-13 comedies...just think how much better "Happy Gilmore" would have been if it was raunchier. He was OK in "Spanglish"...if I were him, I would try to get the sort of family guy roles that Tom Hanks used to knock out of the park and quit the junior high bathroom humor.

Colin Farrell is tremendously overrated too. Has anyone ever said "Oh, Colin Farrell has a new movie coming out! I can't wait to see it! You know it will be good, because Colin Farrell is in it!" He's a good looking guy who parties a lot. That's it. He's about one more flop movie away from starring in "CSI: Peoria".

Draft saved Draft deleted