1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most obnoxious college football fans ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FishHack76, Dec 19, 2006.

?

Which school has the most obnoxious football fans?

1. Tennessee

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Ohio State

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. LSU

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. USC

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Nebraska

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Georgia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Florida

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. Florida State

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Notre Dame

26 vote(s)
    30.6%
  10. Arkansas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Texas

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  12. Oklahoma

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  13. Michigan

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  14. Alabama

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  15. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I suggest that everyone not named BTExpress, slappy or Dixiehack stop posting and just let these three continue on. Nothing more comical than a UT fan and an Alabama fan arguing over which fans have less class.

The jokes literally write themselves.

Of the places I've actually attended, my top fives would be ...

Worst places: LSU at night (look here, these people threw shit at Santa Claus), Florida, Notre Dame, Alabama, Tennessee.

Best: Ole Miss (but other factors might be playing a role here), S. Carolina, Georgia, Auburn, Michigan (never been, but ran into quite a few friendly fans at a couple of bowl games).

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Big 12 school that stands out to me is Texas A&M. I will never have a bad thing to say about College Station or the Aggie fans. Class people through and through.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck you! :D

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Allow me to be the 37th person to laugh at the complete ridiculousness of not having Alabama on this list.

I mean, really, how could it not? Ridiculous. Have you ever been in that state, especially recently? And these people still think they have the best program in America, a God-given right to be the best. That's what separates them. I have seen asshole fans at every SEC campus, and anyone that puts any SEC fans on their "classiest" is either blind, stupid or went to that school. But Alabama's totally ridiculous self-righteousness puts its fans as the run-away leader. They have a higher percentage of fans who don't live in what I like to call "Earth" than any other fans, even in the SEC.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Interesting to read all of the conflicting anecdotal accounts here, i.e. those regarding OU and Nebraska. Just goes to show that one's personal experiences are just that and little else.

I'm still ill-disposed to Sooner fans in general, though. :D
    Though I'm glad to hear about the Mizzou fan who was treated well in OU country. :)

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Gotta echo BTE's defense of my fellow Vol fans.

I know many Bama fans and they look forward to the trip to Kville every other year, because they think it's the "safest" place for them to cheer for their team.

It starts with the Pride of the Southland Band performing the other team's fight song before each game, and the hospitality goes from there.

Hell, a guy wearing a Bama jersey will be much better treated in Neyland than a Bruin-jersery wearing fan at a USC game.

As for obnoxious, really now, isn't Notre Dame in a league by itself on this?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So they smile before they spit on you, kick you and take your wallet? Something that happened to a Florida fan friend from Michigan when he went to Knoxville a few years ago.... he'd been there three other times and said each was worst than the last. After that happened, he won't go back.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The Vols use a really gay shade of orange. ;)

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

1A: Ohio State
    1B: Notre Dame

Generally switches depending on which team is better that particular year.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The following things are true:

1. Given the fact that there are 108,000 people in one place, not all of them will be Mr. Rogers.

2. That being said, the percentage of TRULY obnoxious and/or criminal and/or violent people ANYWHERE is actually pretty small.

3. Therefore, if someone repeatedly runs into trouble YEAR AFTER YEAR at an opponent's stadium . . .

4. That person is probably an asshole.

Personally, I've never encountered hostility at a game, either on the road or at home (sitting in the opponent section). There's defensive driving, and there's defensive tailgating. Both prevent accidents.

If I'm around "friends", I'll whoop it up.

If I'm around "enemies", I'll politely clap when my team does something well but won't run my mouth and scream, "Take that, you cocksucking Gators!!!!!"

That means God made oranges a really gay shade of orange. ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Back when they were good, uh, err, instead I'll say decent, the fucktards at Mississippi State got on my last damn nerve. Anybody that wears maroon Dickie's should be shot anyway.

Also, as bad as you people say Alabama fans are, I swear to you on an average per fan capita, Auburn is far, far worse. ALL (and by all I mean every damn one of them) cry, whine and complain about how the state media mistreats them ... How their program doesn't get the respect they deserve ... Alabama's headline is bigger ...

They are the redheaded stepchild of the WORLD!!!!!!! That's why Terry Bowden was such a great coach for them.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There's a diffference between a "we're the best" and "You suck" attitude...
    But yeah, they have an unreal sense of entitlement

Draft saved Draft deleted