1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most obnoxious college football fans ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FishHack76, Dec 19, 2006.

?

Which school has the most obnoxious football fans?

1. Tennessee

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Ohio State

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. LSU

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. USC

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Nebraska

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Georgia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Florida

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. Florida State

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Notre Dame

26 vote(s)
    30.6%
  10. Arkansas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Texas

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  12. Oklahoma

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  13. Michigan

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  14. Alabama

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  15. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

True, but most of the ones who actually go to the games and tailgate are either current students, alums who can get tickets or parents of students who donate a shitload of money to the school.

I was treated badly by parents who never went to ND, but if I didn't then I wasn't as good as their Domer children.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate Nebraska, but during my trips there, the fans were pure class...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Colorado fans are the least loyal of any school that has experienced a decent amount of success over the last 20 years... If it's ski season, or if the team has one or two losses, the student section is empty.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I went to two away games in my time at Missouri--one at Oklahoma, one at Nebraska. Mizzou got its ass handed to it in both games.

In Norman, the people there couldn't have been nicer to a kid wearing a Missouri shirt. A friend of mine who went to the same game separately had the same experience--someone (just some guy at the stadium) actually cashed a personal check when he found he was out of cash.

In Lincoln, the fans were assholes. They threw stuff at my car and all kinds of crap. I've never had any use for Nebraska fans since then.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nicest I've ever dealt with were Virginia Tech fans. Biggest chodesmokers were actually Utah fans at the Fiesta Bowl. I've never seen a bigger bunch of trash talking assholes ever, and I've been to more than my fair share of Pitt-Penn State and Pitt-West Virginia games in my time. My one friend had a Marino throwback jersey on and some asshole said "nice jersey. keep embracing history, dude." My friend shot ack "At least Pitt HAS a history. beating a dogass Big East in a New Years Day bowl is as good as it'll ever get for you."

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Michigan fans, in my experience, were pretty nice. Wisconsin fans, however, were not. Not much experience outside the Big Ten, though.

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Well, obviously, Cadet. Anyone who's ever attended, or been associated with anyone who's attended, the University of Notre Dame du Lac is inherently better than everyone else. Because we're smarter, purer, and have God on our side.
    Yes, I'm kidding.
    Personally I've been a bunch of places, as a Notre Dame fan, and the worst experiences were at Purdue and BC. Wanna-be-big-time programs with a lot of hate for us arrogant Irish bastards. Of course, they won. So I guess they get to be that way.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm stunned that Alabama is not on this list.

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Actually, Del, I believe the Nebraska fans gave Southern Miss an ovation after they played 'em really tough, when Adalius Thomas and those guys were there, only to lose by 3 or 4 points.

I don't think it happened when Southern Miss actually beat them. But, like Frank Zappa, I could be totally wrong, too.

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

My "other" vote was pegged for the Crimson Tide.

rb

12. Gators wear jean shorts... I mean, c'mon.

Draft saved Draft deleted