1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most obnoxious college football fans ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FishHack76, Dec 19, 2006.

?

Which school has the most obnoxious football fans?

1. Tennessee

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Ohio State

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. LSU

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. USC

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Nebraska

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Georgia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Florida

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. Florida State

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Notre Dame

26 vote(s)
    30.6%
  10. Arkansas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Texas

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  12. Oklahoma

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  13. Michigan

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  14. Alabama

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  15. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've lived around Ohio State fans and Notre Dame fans. . . The Irish fans win. What a bunch of entitled bastards!

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

1. Go to the Cal board.

2. Ask how they were treated on their trip to Knoxville.

3. Shake your head in amazement as post after post gushes about the hospitality these fans were shown.

4. Kindly remove Tennessee from this list.

5. Thank you.

3. Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum Member

This list should begin and end with Alabama, with all others moved to some other kind of list called "Most Obnoxious College Football Fans After Alabama."
    This is a 222-0 Georgia Tech-Cumberland kind of rout.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've never -- I repeat, never -- been treated as badly in my life as I was at a Notre Dame tailgate/game. Sure, I didn't fear for my physical safety (until later, when all the drunks were driving home), but once it was discovered that I wasn't an ND alum I was treated as if I were pond scum.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which is odd since the vast majority of Notre Dame "fans" never went to school there.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And yet, as of this writing, "Other" has received no votes.

And give me a fucking break about how well Cal fans liked Knoxville. That's non-conference. Florida, Bama and UGA fans among others have slightly differing opinions.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

While Ohio State has the market cornered on horseshit fans, and I gladly cast a vote for them, Texas certainly has a large quanity of arrogant shitheads who could use a good ass-kicking.

8. BTExpress

That's the point.

Non-conference fans tend to go to a place without any preconceived notions.

Conference fans tend to hold lifelong grudges from decades-old bad experiences, bad losses, bad calls and irrational paranoia (see Alabama re: Fulmer). Their minds are already made up before they even set foot in their opponent's stadium.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or like me, they grow up in the state as a fan of the "wrong" team and watch the assholes at work.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Are Nebraska fans actually that bad? Seems like I've heard several bits of anecdotal evidence of how great their fans are. When Southern Miss beat them in Lincoln a couple years ago, the fans gave them an ovation leaving the field, from what I understood.

I could be completely, totally wrong, of course.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I live in "Big 8" country and have heard only minor grumbling about Husker fans. I think that as far as dominant program fans go, they're not too bad. Sooner fans are the unquestioned kings of cocksuckery around these parts. Colorado fans are also derided, not so much for their rabidity (OU wins there) but for being such horrible bandwagon types. In your face when the Buffs win, invisible during time when CU sucks. Like now.

12. BTExpress

Gee, I grew up in the same state as a fan of the "right" team and noticed no such thing.

Which proves my point.

I'll trust an outsider who doesn't project his hatred of a team and its coach onto that team's fan base to make an objective judgment.

Draft saved Draft deleted