1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most media-friendly NFL teams

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mikebb13, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience with the Cowboys. We did one on the local yokel two or three years ago and they set it up lickety-split. Later that summer, we did a story on another local guy who had been on the team but was injured and later retired. One of his old college teammates was still on the team, though, and they set up an interview with that guy within a couple of hours. We're 2 1/2 states away and not a big paper at all. I was duly impressed.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I heard from he skipped his presser because he was too busy eating pizza in the equipment room (his usual hangout) with Steve Mariucci.

Seriously.

3. awriter

awriter Active Member

4. blandcanyon

blandcanyon Guest

Screw Atlanta, unless you are on the 'special' list or a member of a frightening array of remote outpost "media" outlets or websites or leave after eating. How that media relations group got praised and awarded when in Tampa Bay is only more confusing than how Peter Griffin is baggin Lois. Have gotten decent from Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Denver, Jacksonville, among others. Professionalism and competence remains a tough nut for most of them to crack, however.

5. Floyd

Floyd Member

Yep. Falcons are an out and out disaster. But the food is good, so there's that.

6. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I'll give the Cowboys credit for at least replying to my random interview request for Chad Hutchinson a few years back, when he would'a been useful for a baseball package my paper was throwing together.

The PR person said s/he couldn't find the guy during the offseason, which was annoying. But the response was prompt and straightforward.

I also got good replies from the Pro Football Hall of Fame -- with attachments of old clips and a photo! -- on a story about a long-retired player we'd discovered living in our area.

7. the brownies and carrot cake are good. the rest is crap

8. The Patriots are great?
    Boy, that's a minority opinion around the league.
    I've had decent luck with the Giants, the Titans (years ago), and the Volts.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

F_B, when I was thirsty, they gave me something to drink.

It's a minority opinion, yes ... plenty think they're assholes. I guess I'm their kind of asshole.

10. Now enter into the home of my Belichick.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'd also written a letter to Bob Kraft (with stilted appeals to his integrity) when I was in college. I was panhandling for a job. Never did get it but he sent me a postcard back with words of encouragement and what not. I'll never forget that.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've been told Harvey is loved nationally, but hated locally. Is that accurate?

Draft saved Draft deleted