1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most media-friendly NFL teams

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mikebb13, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Miles O'Toole

Miles O'Toole Member

That won't happen.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's what I suspected.

And add another to the list of Saints' complaints. We too are still awaiting a call. But my dude did an end around their bullshit and got who we needed anyway. Good on him.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Saints PR finally returned my calls today. I had only been calling since Monday, and it was only about a silly credential. Nothing important.

4. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

not knowing how the process works for the nfl, but since the saints are playing at the giants, wouldn't you have called the giants for credentials?

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

Saints PR finally returned my call today. I had only been calling since Monday, and it was only about a silly credential. Nothing important.

[/quote]

better late than never. i've been waiting since wednesday to get ron dayne on the phone. i'm confident the texans will come through.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Depends for which area you're writing for. If I were writing for a NY/NJ paper, the Giants would credential me. Since I'm writing for a New Orleans area paper, the Saints are issuing my credential. Saints' PR will fax or e-mail their list of credentialed personnel (writers, broadcasters, management, coaches, etc...etc...) to Pat Hanlon (who's great; I can't say enough good things about Giants' PR) and his staff, who will have a pass waiting on me.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Good luck, my man.

I think that the league's crappiest teams should strive to have the league's best PR. It can be their motto: "Hey, we suck on the field, but we'll help out every media member!"

8. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

gotcha, i didn't realize that's how it worked.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Patriots and Texans are both great.

Fuck Harvey and the Dolphins.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fuck an organization that employs Nick Saba? A pox on you, sir...

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

my update: texans came through with dayne. he wasn't exactly worth the wait, but that's not their fault. they do a terrific job. as do the bucs, who got me hilliard.

saints update: a colleague of mine had been waiting to hear from deuce mcalister since MONDAY. the call never came.

but again, the saints folks are busier than expected. what a crock.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nick Saban and the Dolphins were made for each other.

By the way, fuck Brett Favre for not talking to the media last night, while it's on my mind. A big old fuck you, Brett. Right in the mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted