1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most media-friendly NFL teams

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mikebb13, Dec 21, 2006.

1. mikebb13

mikebb13 Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this. The only NFL team I've dealt with much is the Titans, and they seem great -- a good web site for media (you can even apply for credentials online) and they've been good about providing credentials to our paper (I've been at the last four home games).

What are your thoughts? I'm curious...

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Karl Swanson's Washington Deadskins

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This will be a short list.

4. The Texans are the best and it's not close. The Eagles and Titans are battling it out for second.

The Texans held press conferences to introduce all of their head coaching candidates except the college coaches. That's off the charts.

The Raiders are the worst by far, with the Dolphins and Vikings (since getting Childress) a very distant second and third.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

In related news, has anyone met the world's tallest midget?

6. bigugly

bigugly Member

I think the Lions are fantastic. The Bears are also excellent and the Browns also.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I've heard the Bills are better post-Donahoe, but have no first-hand knowledge of that. They've definitely upgraded their media website since last season, though.

8. beardown

beardown Member

The Chiefs had a strange combo with Vermeil and Peterson. Vermeil was great while Peterson acted like he was withholding secrets on the cold war. It's much more tight-lipped now with Edwards. Probably bottom half.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When I covered the Packers they weren't bad, at least in comparison to other teams I've dealt with, but they've changed over since I was there so I have no clue whether that's still the case.

10. awriter

awriter Active Member

That's amazing that they do that.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It'd be nice if Saints' PR returned phone calls.

12. SilvioDante

SilvioDante Member

The Bears did it, too. It's not as altruistic as you think - they want to gauge how the candidate will perform on the public stage. Russ Grimm failed miserably. Lovie Smith was outstanding. Hence ...

Draft saved Draft deleted