1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Insufferable Holiday Hit.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Catch My Fall" and "Blue Highway" were great as was "Do Not Stand In The Shadows".

2. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

I was in the mall earlier today for one last gift. Swear to God, I heard a version of Santa Baby with a dude singing it. A dude!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

3. Baloo

Baloo Member

I can't listen to josh groban emote his way through "O Holy Night" - or anything else for that matter. But he really does that song an injustice.

4. tommyp

tommyp Member

I caught that, too and couldn't help but snicker.

5. I do confess, however, that Alabama's "Chrismas In Dixie" gets the room dusty. Came around on the CD last night just as I was hanging the ornament from the Peabody.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Just heard Dan Fogelberg "Another Auld Lang Syne" for the first time of the season today crossing into Georgia....
    Great song.
    Unlike "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time," for which Paul McCartney should be shot.
    and I did just hear that "Merry Christmas From the Family" by Montgomery Gentry refrenced earlier this thread.
    Classic redneck Christmas country.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just found this thread, but let me say that I've never heard this song before. Thankfully, too, from your words.

My least favorite has to be Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

That's "The Christmas Song." Not only does it fellate reindeer in hell, it has an absurdly presumptuous title.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thanks for the correction. I have a heard time remembering the names of compositions which suck monkey turds by candlelight.

Draft saved Draft deleted