1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Expensive Ballparks For A Beer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 25, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

SI did a blowout some years back about where the money goes - safe to say, the cheapest cut of a cup of beer was for the beer itself. The cups cost more.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I saw a graphic somewhere earlier this week that had the beer prices for each MLB park on a per ounce basis.

I bought a beer at the Nats Park home opener this year. Still $8, at least from the guys selling beer in the stands. Price goes up for "good" beer, obviously.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Don't forget that they have a brat/sausage dog stand in the parking lot.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm astounded Yankee Stadium is not on this list. I'm pretty sure there's no way to buy a beer for less than $8 there and it's probably closer to $10.50.

Really, the per ounce price of each stadium's cheapest beer is the only way to compile this list.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Had to be gargantuan -- and/or an import.

My understanding remains that Nuremberg (i e, the Bronx) remains atop the list, across the board, unless it's demonstrated otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Indians would be in the Top 5 if that article were properly researched.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That's an import at Yankee Stadium. In fact, I think I saw $14 at Beers of the World when I was there last week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HC & I went to a Leafs game this. Two beers (20 oz draughts) $30.00

As Poin points out, they charge what they charge because people keep buying. It's like large convention hotels. They charge you $25.00 for bacon and eggs because they have a captive audience.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, but when you leave the park you're in Milwaukee.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If I am getting free Jays tickets I don't mind spending a few bucks on beer. I rarely get anything to eat at at the games, Rogers Centre allows people to bring their own food in but doesn't publicize it.

I went to an Angels game last summer in Anaheim and my cousin bought bags of Subways for us to bring in. For every person bringing their own - and there were quite a few that I saw - there were 50 lined up at the concessions.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You can bring food and drink (though not beer) into Coors Field. Want to say small beers were $5.50 when I was there opening day, $7 for the taller draft. Lots of craft beer available for $7 as well.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Took a tour of Petco in San Diego last year and recall the beer prices in their left field bar (in the Western Supply building) being pretty reasonable, certainly compared to Toronto.

Draft saved Draft deleted