1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most ESPN Zone Sports Bars to Close

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Charlotte airport used to have one. The home of the $15 vodka/sprite.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most restaurants are getting killed. Not surprising that an overpriced place with shitty food and high overhead would be in trouble.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

So it's like every Hooters I've ever been to, then?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hooters serves food?

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That was the rumour.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I"ll miss it because now I'll have no place to defend my title as Best Bubble Hockey Player Among the People I Know.

Apropos of nothing, I was there once at the one in Chicago when Mariotti was taping ATH. I didn't assault him, verbally or physically. I'll always regret that.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I believe that the general public is finally standing up to expensive mediocre food and service delivered by most of the high profile chains.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Been to the ones in Chicago and DC as a treat to the kids after walking all over the city all day.

Also was nice to sit back and relax in the booths while the kids played games.

Overpriced, but a nice respite.

The one at Downtown Disney has a terrible layout. Hate that one.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

To answer an original question, there is a Sporting News Grill in Baton Rouge tucked inside a Holiday Inn. Why it isn't by LSU's campus is beyond me.

Been to a few of them. Food's not bad... not the best either, but decent. The big problem is what goes in there now? That's a HUGE vacancy for Ohio Street in Chicago.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's like the magazine: Awesome 20 years ago, but today is just a shell of its former self.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Its now TV guide for ESPN

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There's one near my office that I've been to a couple of times for lunch. Any place that you can go to get Yuengling or Stella and a burger and watch sports for a while instead of being The Master of the Universe at the office is fine. Until they put TVs in Chipotle, I'll miss the ESPN Zone. Maybe they'll close them and re-open as ESPN2 Zones.

Draft saved Draft deleted