1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

most embarrassing Canadian

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by canucklehead, May 24, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

We're friends off for a few hours.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

William Shatner belongs in ANY discussion of Most Embarrassing Canadian. In fact, he belongs in any discussion of most embarrassing human being. And I use that term loosely.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sod off. You can dance if you want to...

And they had Bonhomme, one of the great fucking Canadians EVER, in one of their videos.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I reiterate, he was the FIRST Canadian in fucking space, that counts for something.

And he has the uniquely Canadian ability to laugh at himself. And he's got a solid rug, too.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was in high school during their heyday and had buddies who would flock to their shows in Toronto and blast their albums - vinyl in those days - all the time.

I couldn't stand them. Warmed over Zeppelin riffs, a thoroughly unimaginative cover of "Rocky Mountain Way" and lame lyrics of the self-help, "don't give up, you can do it" variety.

I've always admired Rik Emmett's playing and he does the jazz thing around town on occasion and I believe he also teaches a course at one of the community colleges in the city.

The Triumph blowup produced an astounding Behind The Music-type show from MuchMusic featuring the feud between Emmett and Gil Moore and Mike Levine.

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Shatner worked the same boards in Stratford as Alec Guinness and Paul Scofield. The mind boggles.

But come—
    Here, as before, never, so help you mercy,
    How strange or odd some'er I bear myself—
    As I perchance hereafter shall think meet
    To put an antic disposition on

YD&OHS, etc

7. Flash

Flash Guest

I had no idea. I gather there won't be a reunion tour any time soon?

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Stranger things have happened:

On January 18, 2008, it was announced that Triumph has united to play in the Sweden Rock Festival in June 2008, and following on from the announcement, it has been reported that the band may play a few dates in July 2008, then will be gearing up for a full scale world tour in 2009.[8]

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And let's not forget he played Alexei.Karamazov inThe Brothers Karamazov--a late 50's flilck.

Mind boggles even more.

Draft saved Draft deleted