1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most dominant athlete in a professional team sport

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jan 28, 2007.

?

Which current athlete is the most dominant in his or her professional team sport?

1. LaDanian Tomlinson

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. Albert Pujols

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Martin Brodeur

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. LeBron James

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Jimmie Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ronaldinho

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Tony Stewart

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Peyton Manning

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  9. Sidney Crosby

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  10. Mariano Rivera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Steve Nash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Johan Santana

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  13. Champ Bailey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not now for sure but in his best years, Hasek completely dominated the NHL.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It's sad and unfortunate that people in the US don't get a chance to watch,or appreciate, the talents of Ronaldinho.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

We have the chance, most of us choose not to.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Well my point is that you all are missin' out, ok?! ;D

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yet, on the biggest stage he choked. so, doesn't belong here

6. Chuck~Taylor

He's the best player in the world. Of course he deserves to be here.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Deep Blue. Kasparov wouldn't give him a rematch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Blue

(And don't give me shit about chess not being a team sport. You got 16 men, right?)

YHS, etc

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And he was the best player in WC '02, the best player for the champions of La Liga -- the best soccer league in the world -- and the best player for the Champions League winner. Given that the WC started only a few weeks after his regular season ended and Brazil had far too many older players, I'm willing to give Ronnie a pass.

For me, no NBA player meets the criteria -- there about 5 guys who are a step below and 5 guys who could be there in a year or two. I'd probably go with Tomlinson.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Santana is the only one that comes close to being that, and he's only out there every fifth day. Chamberlain, Orr and Gretzky jump out there as the big three in that area, maybe Lawrence Taylor and Dick Butkus, too.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

choker

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This the king pin. He da man. You get the other dude's king, you got the game. But he tries to get your king too because that's the game. Now the king he move any direction he damn choose, because he the king. But he got no hustle. The rest of the other motherfuckers, they got his back and they run so deep, he ain't got to do shit.

"Now you see this?" He picks up the queen. "This the queen. She smart, she fierce. She move any way she want, as far as she want. And she is the go-get-shit-done piece.
    "And this over here is the castle, it's like the stash, it move like this and like this."

One of the kids points to the pawns and says, "What about these little bald-headed bitches here?"

"These the pawns. They the soldiers. One space forward only. Except when they fight, they go sideways. They like the front lines. They be in the field."

"How they get to be the king?"

"It ain't like that. See, the king stay the king. Everything stay who he is, except for the pawns. Now if a pawn make it to the other dude's side, he get to be queen. Like I said, the queen ain't no bitch. She got all the moves."

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Unless they some smart-ass pawns.

RIP, Bodie. You died a soldier's death.

Draft saved Draft deleted