1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Backwards State

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 20, 2008.

?

What is that most Backwards state in the Union?

1. New York

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. Oregon

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  3. Vermont

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Louisiana

22 vote(s)
    43.1%
  5. Florida

13 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

203 Connecticut = Worst cell reception in America.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I didn't realize I was in the midst of 203'ers. 860 just doesn't have the same ring to it.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think the Fairfield County folks were a little miffed when New Haven County also got to keep the 203.

21, get Verizon.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Verizon?? Boom's Verizon has done more to interfere in my life than my mother. It's like calling from the dark side of the moon.

5. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

With all respect to the fine nominees here, I think I can end this thread right now.

Two years ago, I spent the summer with a semi-pro football team for a feature story, and part of my trevails included a bus trip to West Virginia for a game. The road trip included about a five-minute - five minutes, I say! - stint on a highway in Kentucky (sorry KYsportswriter). And during about as brief a stay as you can have in a state, I saw the following along the road, in front of railroad tracks, nonetheless:

A mobile home turned into a convienient store.

Nuff said.

6. Notepad

Notepad Member

What that tells me is the talent in the state, across the board, sucks.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Alaska

OK, they have lots of oil, a beautiful landscape and midnight baseball. But they also have Sarah Palin, Ted Stevens and Alaskans can see Russia from their house.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe, but don't you want the little army of people that comes with it?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Awesome

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We already have SJ. We're all set in the Army of Little People Dept. 8)

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

State of Mississippi flag -- ' nuff said

12. http://www.backwardstate.com/

There is a form of communication discovered by Australian researcher David John Oates which he has dubbed as Reverse Speech. Reverse Speech can be heard by taking recorded statements and reversing them to locate the messages produced by the unconscious mind. At Backward State, Shawn H. Smith is helping to provide evidence through examples that a natural communication exists where these two sets of speech are taking place simultaneously.

Draft saved Draft deleted