1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most awesomest names

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Know a guy who worked in a town in which Anita Hummer was running for city council. Had signs around town saying "Move Forward with Anita Hummer" and everything.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We had a girls named Star and Twila play basketball at the local high school back in the day.

Lots of Western geographic names these days: Dakota, Dacotah, Cheyenne, Sheyenne, Sierra, Dallas, Austin, Madison, Jackson, Denver, etc.

My son, who has a "normal" Ango-Saxon name, came home from day camp one day and said he wanted to change his name to Jamaal Scott Jr.

3. I've always thought Jake was the best name ever for a guy. That just sounds manly. No way you're a pussy if your name is Jake.

4. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

it's the winner. Every freakin' time:

http://owlsports.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/comfort_lady00.html

5. I have a friend who teaches fifth grade in a big East Coast city. She had a student named Abcdef. (ab-si-def)
    I wish I were lying. On the bright side, at least the kid will always know *part* of the alphabet.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. "Kill Bill" forever made the name Buck infamous. ;)

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sadly, a former OHLer. The Gennies waived him last week.

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Target.

I guess everybody had a shot at being the father.

Seriously, kid at one of the high schools I cover has a first name of Kansas.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Out-fucking-standing.

11. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Seven is a good name. ;D

I've seen one in our paper a couple of times that seems right out of the free-love era: Misty Rainwater. ::)

My all time favorite name: Xavier.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Best hockey names ever:

Bates Battaglia
    Zarley Zalapski
    Hakan Loob

My ex wanted to name our firstborn Akili. I am of Irish descent and he is a first-generation Canadian of German immigrants. Hell, his dad even served in the SS Youth.
    And Akili is Swahili. Put that two and two together ... ?

Anyone named Chase is bound to be a bullrider.

Draft saved Draft deleted