1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Arrogant Athletes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by RossLT, Jul 29, 2007.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

We have a running discussion here in the newsroom about what sport, at the elite level, has the most arrogant athletes. One of our Photogs and me think it is Track, others say baseball because of the "Frat boy Douche Bag Mentality". What do you all think?

2. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

The baseball guys I deal with are pretty cool, usually. There are some assholes on the college basketball team we cover (it's a major program), but I'm gonna give the nod to the NFL.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Baseball and it's not even close. The NBA has a large contingent of arrogant assholes, too.

Hockey is the best.

4. I think Ross was talking about preps ...

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

No I meant overall at all levels.

6. So you think track athletes are more arrogant than the assholes in the NBA? Or do you think there are more arrogant assholes in track than the NFL?

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

It seems like Track athletes are really into themselves and the few NFL guys I have dealt with were OK, granted they were not the elite players. I have never dealt with the NBA.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I have always found track athletes to be among the best to deal with.
    Are they into themselves? Sure, because theirs is an individual sport, they can say, do and act as they want without worrying that some teammate is going to get pissed off.
    They are, for the most part, more cooperative with the media, more open, more honest.
    And yes, more arrogant but in an easier to handle way than the spoiled NBA, NFL and MLB multimillionaires who would just as soon not be bothered by the media minions.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

10. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

At the college level anyway, I've always thought soccer players (men's not women's) were pretty pleased with themselves. Never covered anything at the pro/world cup level, but I can't imagine those guys are much better

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think mert will agree that all soccer players are pretty much dicks at heart. ;D

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This one's easy: Any men's college basketballer who has transferred from an NCAA-1 school to an NAIA school for non-athletic reasons. Most of 'em think they deserve to be treated like Michael Jordan and that their past transgressions need to be whitewashed because they "didn't get a fair shake."

Draft saved Draft deleted