1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mortensen: Raiders lost "privilege" of him asking them for comment

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 5, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

And even though he is very good, Schefter is the dictionary definition of a whore, seeing as how his paycheck is signed by Roger Goodell.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If Mort was reporting this story for a newspsaper, with newspaper rules? Yep, you report the denial. But let's face it, that's not what he does. No one has a greater stake in his credibility that Mort himself. I gotta say I think he has a point in his universe.

In my universe? I'm not letting the prep guy do this.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mort cares more about keeping his "sources" happy than he does about being right or being first. He was the biggest reason why ESPN went so long without reporting that Favre had talked to Matt Millen before the Packers-Lions game.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm sick of all of these stories about what "sources said. Is there ever a good reason for keeping these sources anonymous? It's not as if these sources are exposing some company for dumping toxic waste on a school playground.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm trying to decide who uses unnamed sources more: Chris Mortensen or Ken Rosenthal?

I'm convinced they keep sources unnamed even when they don't need to, to keep the competition guessing.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

And by "sources" I'm betting they really mean "source" most of the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted