1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Than Meets The Eye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, May 20, 2007.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

You could have done that five years ago...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm one, too. I don't care for Starscream's look, either.

And Bumblebee should be the smallest Autobot, if they are going to be true to the character from the comics (and cartoons). He was always the weaker "little brother" with more guts than firepower. I have no problem with him being an important character, because he always was one in the comics and cartoons, but he should not be going toe-to-toe with big bad guys and kicking ass.

For those who have seen the trailers, which Autobot is that climbing out of the pool with the little girl watching? I saw somewhere that it is an Autobot, but it's kinda hard to identify these guys.

I like most of the other pictures I've seen. Jazz in particular does a nice job capturing just enough of the comic book character's look to make him identifiable and Megatron looks exactly as he should -- like a psycho.

Yeah, I'm a nerd. :)

3. Madhavok

That would be Ironhide pre-Earth mode climbing out of the water. Yeah it wasn't a huge knock on Bumbleebee, I was just a little upset that he's bigger than Jazz.

4. outofplace

Thanks. Makes sense. I forgot that they would probably change forms after landing on Earth.

Minor thing I noticed in the trailer....I'll move it down a bit in case you don't want to read the little gags form the movie on here.....

I just watched the yahoo trailer again. Notice the scene in the car lot where the kid buys Bumblebee....there is a VW bug right next to him.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You know if this movie is a success, we'll be seeing a live-action My Little Pony in a couple of summers.
    Do you really want that to happen?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

My Little Pony Takes On The Care Bears...coming to a theatre near you on July 4, 2009.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

nobody liked gobots more -- the people who liked gobots more were teh people whose moms bought them the wrong one for christmas and had to pretend they were cooler (leader 1? please)

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I missed out on the whole Transformer/Gobot thing. Maybe I'm a few years too old.

9. outofplace

Exactly.

And Optimus Prime would kick Leader 1's llame knock-off ass in about 10 seconds

10. Madhavok

Yeah OutofPlace..Nice of Bay and company to throw that out to the G1 fans. Also noticed the opening part of the trailer Spike and his dad are driving by a Porsche dealer. Thought that was a nice nod to Jazz.

Jazz is so freaking small in the movie. He's seriously a human in comparison to Megatron's 34 feet of height.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Guess I'm the exception, then. Always thought the GoBots as vehicles AND as robots were cooler lookin'. Never dug transformers at all.

12. Madhavok

GoBots are the KMart of Transformers

Draft saved Draft deleted