1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More political nonsense

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jul 15, 2006.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

In May, the Senate voted to build 370 miles of anti-immigration fencing along the border with Mexico.
    Thursday, the Senate voted against the funding to pay for the fencing.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's typical government bullshit. Happens all the time. "I voted to do this, that, and everything else!" And what they don't say is they just decided not to fund it. Same thing happened when they authorized the hiring of more border guards. They just decided not to pay for it though. Happens allllll the time with this do nothing, worthless congress.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Hell, I'm surprised they didn't just vote for the funding. It's not like they haven't met a funding bill they don't like.

Remember when the Democrats were supposed to be the ones who spent all your money? Back in the day of balanced budgets and all.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

So you're saying they voted for it before they voted against it? ;)

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

"No Child Left Behind," ahem.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

One more reason why I generally dislike politicians, regardless of what party they belong to.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Make sure the Senate is standing outside of this wall when it's complete, please.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm as anti-republican as they come but this kind of thing has been going on for a lot longer than just this current session. i doubt the first congress pulled this crap but i assume it's been going on for decades, if not longer.

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

My wife's boss was a co-sponsor, so I got nothing for you.

Pringle, way to hit and run on the NCLB deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted