1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More NYC travel advice, please

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yeah - it's a big with The CBS News crowd who's office is right down street. What I live about it is that you can easily get back out
    to West Side Hghy

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

From what I can tell after following a couple of the parking tips here, the cost of parking in the city is roughly equivalent to what I'd spend at an off-site park-n-fly at EWR plus the cost of the shuttle x 2. I'm feeling less inclined to go the EWR route now.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You should drive all the way into Manhattan.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Drive to Hoboken; take the PATH train. It'll only cost you an arm for parking, not an arm and a leg, you'll feel safer, and the train trip into the city is a matter of minutes.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd listen to Boom and Cran -- if they say those lots work, they do.

If you decide to park in Hoboken, though, and it saves you money (I have no idea about any of this), though, trifectarich is right. The path from Hoboken to the World Trade Center is only the blink of an eye. I'm just not sure that parking in Hoboken is any cheaper if Cran and Boom are giving you cheap lots near the West Side highway.

6. cranberry

At the end of the night the last thing you're going to want to do is take a train to Hoboken then get your car then drive another two hours.

7. Boom_70

Agreed it all comes down to parking. Have no idea how convenient the parking is in Hoboken for The Path trains. I've never found
    Hoboken an easy place to drive around in . It's a bit of a maze.

8. Boom_70

Right and then you have to find your way out of Hobeken to main highway which if you don't know the area is not easy. Likely a maze of
    6 or 7 turns on side streets. Miss one and it could take you an hour to find your way out.

9. novelist_wannabe

Plus, you know, if I do all that, I'll miss marking "drive in NYC traffic" off my bucket list. :D

10. novelist_wannabe

That Holiday Inn garage on 57th st. is really sounding like the ticket.

11. cranberry

Please tell me you're not going to be the kind of tourist who wears his backpack to the front so nobody steals stuff.

12. Boom_70

and don't wear Teva sandals with socks or without for that matter. You're look like a German tourist

Draft saved Draft deleted