1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More NBA referees in hot water

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Oct 21, 2007.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm not Abbott, but I also think Stern should go.

He not only fined and suspended players and coaches for assailing his league's officiating, but he also haughtily challenged ANYONE to provide evidence that any of his officials were less than honest.

In the post-Tim Donaghy era, Stern needs to have his feet held to the fire.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't think that Stern's "haughy challenges" about the honesty of the officials were with respect to whether they may have put a couple of shekels on the blackjack table.

I simply don't understand the logic in the "Stern must go" camp, especially over this recent story.

3. I can't recall Stern ever suspending anyone for challenging the refereeing. Fines, yes, but no suspensions. I'm pretty sure about that.

The Stern-must-go camp always reminds me of the people who want SNL off the air, "just 'cause." Who would you rather see in Stern's place? Who would do a better job? What would you rather see on NBC at 11:30 on a Saturday night ... more televised poker?

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

No, I forgot to turn the blue font on for that one. Even I'm not that stupid. I AM a huge baseball fan, but my running joke is how ESPN treats the NBA like it's the national pastime because they have the TV rights. :)

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

??? ??? ??? ???

Draft saved Draft deleted