1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Milwaukee movement/an opening coming?

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Aug 10, 2007.

1. So is the beat really open to outsiders or are they going to fill from within and then patchwork after that?

2. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

Gardner is the most valuable writer the JS has. He breaks more Bucks/NBA stories than Tom Enlund, who is the Bucks beat writer. He also does soccer and hockey stuff. He's not going to blow your socks off as a feature writer, but that's not what they need him to do. He picks up the slack for many people on that staff.

Case in point. I just went to the JS Web site, and I found this update. At 2:24 a.m. And he's NOT the Bucks beat guy:

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=8/29/2007&id=28518

I'm not sure what Manoyan's role on the staff is. Is he a GA? Because he doesn't cover much. Does he do desk?

3. Mira

Mira Member

Manoyan is GA. He helps with golf, a lot of college and women's sports and he's done prep stuff, too. I don't know if he works the desk.

Gardner is an excellent writer and a super person.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's be fair here... This is the time of year when most NBA writers are taking their vacation...

Draft saved Draft deleted