1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Michelle Bachman, with a new dose of crazeeeee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He could take down a live camera crew from every major network and march into the vault and show the original, and it wouldn't matter.

They'd just say that it's been so long that he's had time to forge it and infiltrate the official records with his forgery.

Once people cling to an idea like this, they won't let it go no matter what.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Obama could provide 8mm film of himself sliding out of Stanley Dunham's birth canal with Diamond Head in the background and Jack Lord as a midwife, and the birthers wouldn't be satisfied.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Of all the things that have developed in me a distaste and raging cynicism for partisan politics, I think the "birther" movement is Exhibit A.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

McCain would have been asking for it if he'd gone the birther route, what with him actually not having been born in the U.S. (I'm not disputing his citizenship in the slightest, mind.)

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Sixth District.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Romney said recently that even if Obama was born out of the country he would still be a citizen because his mother was a citizen.

7. Mizzougrad96

Right. His dad was in the military and I think he was born in Panama. I think it was something similar for Romney's father.

8. Dick Whitman

I'm not saying that Romney is a birther. I'm saying he's not one, and he would love to be able to bring up that Obama backed down from the birthers as a sign that he's weak and bothered by trivial nuisances.

9. Dick Whitman

I read an article in a serious academic journal that made the case that McCain was not eligible for the presidency.

10. Mizzougrad96

Yeah why should the kids who are born to the people serving and protecting this country be eligible to be POTUS?

11. Dick Whitman

Had nothing to do with should and everything to do with what the law, i.e. the Constitution, and precedent dictated.

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

People say the moon landings were faked. They'd find something wrong with that scary home movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.