1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More love and compassion from the left.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jun 25, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

http://judgesopinion.kcstar.com/?q=node/3846#comment

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't understand, T. What do you have against God?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One stupid cartoon vs. a war based on mistruths, a war that was declared over within two months when it wasn't, a war in which the Sec. of Defense told a soldier that he had to go to war with the army he had, not the army he wanted, a war in which the vice president benefits from financially, a war that has cost Americans billions of dollars, a war that if you weren't supporting it strongly enough by wearing a flag pin, that you were unpatriotic.

Yep, more love and compassion from the left.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Nice try at changing the subject. A failed try, however. The subject is the KCStar cartoon. Go ahead, defend it.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Personally, I can't defend it, Tony. They failed to put little devil horns on Rush so it lost me there.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That one didn't make the paper.

Glad to have an opportunity to view it online, though.

( . . . not to mention that Rush has said/implied far, far worse about folks he disagrees with, politically . . . )

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

The cartoon wasn't that funny and in poor taste.

Now, about that war and the economy. . .

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If the subject is the indefensible KC Star cartoon, why does the subject line say "the left?"

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

KC Star cartoon=The entire Democratic party and all of its supporters.

Weren't you invited to the meeting last night? We all gathered around and came up with the cartoon and copy. Then we collectively hit ENTER on the keyboard.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I can't defend it, either. No way a mean-spirited drug addict like Limbaugh belongs in the same conversation with Russert, no less an editorial cartoon.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You'll not that I had it read into the minutes of the meeting that I am leftier than andy. Just wanted that doubly on the record.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Only the good die young(er). Rush Limbaugh is a fat, deceitful, double-talking bully.

Draft saved Draft deleted