1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Green BS From Friedman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Now there's an equation that makes sense.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Those lighbulbs suck, by the way.

I'm just sayin'.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Depends on what they're be used for. We've got a mix of CFL and LED lights. You'd never know unless you looked at the bulbs, instead of the light produced.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You're not alone:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/business/energy-environment/28bulbs.html?scp=10&sq=Light%20bulbs&st=cse

Wait till other shoe drops and we have a bulb disposal problem due to the mercury needed to produce.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hell, they can just dump 'em in the same lot they toss all the used up batteries from hybrid cars.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He used enough lumber to buld 6 average size houses.

Unless I missed something I cannot find any wind mills or solar panels in the aerial photo.

Surprised that Tom would have black topped his driveway given all the oil black top requires. Seems like he would have been a gravel type guy.

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

And if you look closely at the photo, you can see he's not abiding by "yellow-mellow, brown-flush it down" either. Fraud.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Troll_70 can also tell Friedman uses plastic bags just by looking at that photo.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I have CFL in my small bathroom. And in my chandelier. They take FOREVER to brighten. If I wanted light to gradually come on, I'd use the sun.

The LED, they're in my little light over the kitchener sink, they aren't bad.

10. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I think Boom raises a valid point. Maybe this has been linked here before, but others wonder the same thing

"Where does a man who needs his own offshore drilling platform just to keep the east wing of his house heated get the balls to write a book chiding America for driving energy inefficient automobiles? Where does a guy whose family bulldozed 2.1 million square feet of pristine Hawaiian wilderness to put a Gap, an Old Navy, a Sears, an Abercrombie and even a motherfucking Foot Locker in paradise get off preaching to the rest of us about the need for a “Green Revolution”? Well, he’ll explain it all to you in 438 crisply written pages for just $27.95, $30.95 if you have the misfortune to be Canadian."

http://www.nypress.com/article-19271-flat-n-all-that.html

Maybe he has taken steps to make his estate environmentally friendly. I don't know. But like the steps Al Gore took, it wouldn't hurt him to make some of it public. Frankly, I'd be interested to know what he has done.

By the way, what has happened to General Growth Properties has been stunning

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/general-growth-properties-files-for-bankruptcy/?ref=global-home

Draft saved Draft deleted