1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More from Lean Dean

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Left_Coast, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

She was a tool the moment she defended Mitch Albom for his carelessness and stupidity.

If it's possible for me to think less of her, I do.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

She probably forgot to turn off the sig on her e-mail message. Is it a crime?

3. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

No, that's not the crime here. That's something else.

But if you're going to lecture a bunch of adults, who already know they're supposed to be focusing on journalism, who show up every day focusing on journalism, about focusing on journalism while the ax is falling around them, I'd think you'd proofread your e-mail to see if your name is listed twice -- and in different ways.

4. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

It will be interesting and sad to see the next wave of cuts in San Jose, which is slowly being turned into the Daily News of Los Angeles. My friends in San Jose were not sorry to see the last editor flee to Cleveland. But the new one might be the same cold-blooded type. Come to think of it, I guess that is why she is there.

5. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Again, this is the Lean Dean M.O. Cut, cut and cut some more. Look at his Southern California holdings and what they were before he got his ax-wielding hands on them.

6. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

No doubt that is true. Long Beach, way back when, was a real newspaper.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck the lean deans, jrcs and cnhis. these 7-11esque owners will be the death of this industry.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I believe this is the article Mr. Petty referenced...

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003588833

If it's not, Tom, could you post the one your wife read?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, thanks river. yes, that is the piece that made mrs. petty say, "wow." sad thing is, the piece doesn't address the "7-11 owners" (jrc, cnhi) who are really messing things up.

10. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

San Gabriel wasn't bad either. San Bernardino had decent writers. Ontario was better than it is today.
    It's turned into a joke.

11. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

Holy shit, dude, 60 people are going to lose their jobs, and you're focused on this.

She signed her name. Below that was her auto e-mail signature. Lots of people have them.

Thus begins and ends the only defense of Carole Leigh Carole Leigh Hutton you're likely to see.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A Singleton capo ordering staff to "focus on journalism." That is indeed, rich.

Draft saved Draft deleted