1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More from Lean Dean

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Left_Coast, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Where's the blue color text on that post, Bob?

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

What are you doing posting, CFC?

Shouldn't you be at Tony Gwynn Stadium, watching the Titans bludgeon Minnesota?

3. chazp

chazp Active Member

A fate worse than death!

4. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

If Dean Singleton caught fire, I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, About the Mitch remark.

It is at this point something that needs to be clarified. And as the original lil' fella would write after he read this in Dave Barry, I am not making this up.

It seems we can all drop the Carole Leigh-Mitch references. Mr. Dwarf is in the midst of a falling out with both Mitch and Ms. Mitch. It seems in the wake of the St. Louis blues, family Albom is upset with their former boss in Detroit because Ms. Hutton, in their view, did not do enough to deflect the fallout over the minor incident. Yes, the Lollipop Guild still sees no problem with what happened at the fFinal Four and feels Hutton didnt go far enough to defend him.
    I will take my source to the grave; I will also say that in my adult life, my source is the person I respect the most.

OK, other than your mom.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This never would have happened if they'd managed to keep the Clampetts out of California 45 years ago.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

It's all he's ever done!

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Singleton paved the way for the Jelinecks of the industry, and for that we should all be scared.

It seems like things have settled down in some of his more established properties, vis-a-vis cost-cutting. At least he's not gone the JRC route in some stops. Wait, I don't wanna give ideas.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

cnhi owned santa cruz for about two weeks and then sold it.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"From: Hutton, Carole Leigh
    Sent: Thu 5/31/2007 3:58 PM
    To: EDIT ALL
    Subject: Rumors

Colleagues,

I'm seeing and hearing a lot of rumors about plans for cuts and consolidations here. There's no denying that this has been a tough year financially and we're in the midst of a difficult budget season for the fiscal year that begins in July. We're discussing a number of cost-cutting measures. As soon as I can give you some definitive plans, I will. Meanwhile, I hope we can focus some of that energy on doing the journalism we do so well. This is a tough business these days, but it remains the very best profession, and we should all remain proud of our contributions to it.

Thanks for yours.

Carole Leigh

Carole Leigh Hutton

Executive Editor and Vice President

San Jose Mercury News"

it's shit such as this that makes me want to make an exit strategy today.

on a similar note, mrs. petty got bored the other day and picked up the may "editor and publisher," which spelled out what modern-day newsrooms are going through and the "doing more with less" philosophy entering most newsrooms throughout the country. her response after reading said material?: "wow."

i do think i'll cash it in this summer while i still meet the eye test of being a workhorse.

11. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Does she really sign her name twice, once without the Hutton, and once with? For that alone she should be held up to ridicule.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes, it adds to the tooledge.

nice pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted