1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Fresno jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Robert Zizzo, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Bump!

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You gotta horse in the race?

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Real Quiet coming out of gate 3

4. healingman

healingman Guest

Plethora with a nose lead at the quarter pole .. ;D

5. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

Think he is getting a plethora of phone calls? :p

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

speaking of phone calls ... hey bob, what time you gonna be in on thursday? i'll go ahead and buzz ya around 3:30. maybe you'll think i'ma up-and-comer.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Last time I looked at Fresno Bee's job listings, they had 5 sports job openings. I know Robert Zizzo has listed the latest two on here and that the football and basketball openings were a separate thread, but here's what I saw listed very recently for openings:

Fresno Bee football, FS basketball, sports enterprise, sports copy editor/designer and another one for sports reporter.

I figure the football and basketball ones have to be close to being filled and perhaps there are candidates for the next two, but any news on these openings?

8. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Gary Estwick, one of the cuts in Akron, has accepted one of the positions. Glad to see he's bouncing back quickly.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Which one? There's a few openings at the Fresno Bee.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I heard he accepted the basketball beat.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

any word on the football opening? wasn't it posted first and it is football season.

12. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

An encouraging sign, surely, that there will always be a spot for solid reporters and writers. One man's offcast basketball writer is another's ... well, you know. Guess I'll be reading the Bee more often to read Gary.

Draft saved Draft deleted