1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Fresno jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Robert Zizzo, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Robert Zizzo

Robert Zizzo New Member

I have two more open positions in the Fresno Bee sports department. One is for an enterprise reporter after David White recently left us for the San Francisco Chronicle and the other is for a copy editor/page designer, a position that recently has become unfrozen.
    I will have the ads posted on the appropriate Web sites by next week.
    In a nutshell:
    For the enterprise spot, I'm looking for an experienced journalist who works well along a variety of beats, is a self-starter and a bulldog reporter.
    For the copy desk spot, I'm looking for someone who is equally comfortable improving copy as designing a dynamic front page.
    Please send cover letter, resume, references and 6-8 clips or design samples to Robert Zizzo, Fresno Bee sports editor, 1626 E Street, Fresno, CA 93786 or rzizzo@fresnobee.com. No phone calls, please.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Anyone looking to share a beer with RZ can find him under a stack of resumes.
    Oh Robert, how I don't envy you right now -- with all the openings and all. Good luck, though.

3. Robert Zizzo

Robert Zizzo New Member

Opportunity, MU, opportunity.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

So, I'm curious. Where do things stand on the other openings? Just so those who didn't make the cut with the last two openings know not to waste their time.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Santa Barbara SE probably needs a gig these days.

6. You're .....

Nah, too easy.

7. 85bears

85bears Member

This isn't real, is it?

8. Grey

Grey Member

wow! just wow!

9. JB20

JB20 Member

My thoughts, exactly. Wow!

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

My thoughts are similar, but a little more nuanced:

Holy crap!

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey, maybe I should be forthright on the board like that. Then again, I don't want a brown nose, let alone all of my face smelling like...

Naaa, never mind. The image is too gruesome.

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

There's transparency, and then there's this. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted