1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Fantastic Blathering From "It's Only Relevant If I Say It Is" Charlie K.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Krauthammer:

"Obama has an astonishingly empty paper trail. He's going around issuing promissory notes on the future that he can't possibly redeem."

Yeah . . . could be.

But . . . hellooooo? Anybody home?

Charlie's boy, Fredo, has already done this, at a rate which dwarfs what any other drunken sailor (or in this case, flyboy) who's ever held the office has "accomplished".

But, hey . . . Charlie approves of Fredo's goals and motivations for throwing all of OUR cash into the Grand Canyon. So it's all okay.

Drool some more blood for us, Charlie.

This. Must. All. End.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's easy to dismiss the criticism if you dismiss the critic, but I hope no one is under any illusion that President Obama will accomplish very much other than being a symbol that America is truly the land of opportunity for all.

Without any responsibility the Democratic House and Senate have done nothing. They can't even pick a fight with Bush over waterboarding and global warming. With a Democratic President and the responsibilty to govern, the House and Senate will turn into a county fair freak show, lots of fun to watch in the beginning, but no substance.

Abner Mikva tried to defend Obama's Illinois voting record, but all he managed to do was argue that Obama is just another politician, not a man on a mission.

In my estimation there have been 5 men who sought the Presidency that were transforming, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, William Jennings Bryant, Franklin Roosevelt and Robert Kennedy. Obama? Not. Another Bill Clinton in '92, Carter '76, Ike '52.

He lacks depth. He's certainly better than Hillary, who, as Ive said before, will be the Democratic version of Nixon, a humorless, paranoid control freak. And he'll probably be a better President than McCain. But if he keeps up his current campaign, he's going to be held to the standard of the Messiah of Democracy. And the last Messiah's story didn't end well.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

'Yab: Acknowledged above, that he could very well be right.

But on this particular topic, given his bend-over-backwards forgiveness of other trespassers -- so long as they're funding Charlie's pet projects -- Charlie has zero credibility.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Am grateful Bryan never won.

And have no desire to kick off a Bobby debate, here. The raised blood pressure would keep medics busy, for months.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I went to Bar/Bat Mitzvah classes with Abner Mikva's daughter. How the heck old is he now?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Born in 26

7. Moderator1

So 81 or 82? Didn't he lose his seat for a while and then rally?

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Knocked out in '72. Dragged back in, in '74.

9. Moderator1

And has stayed ever since? Wow.
    I lost touch with his daughter after our Bar/Bat Mitzvahs. Very, very nice girl and her dad was very involved.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Done, in '79.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of his written work - have never seen him on TV. I found this recent column very insightful.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/31/AR2008013102627.html

12. Exactly what were Krauthammer's credentials as a political commentator and/or journalis before Crazy Marty brought him aboard the plague ship TNR so he could slander murdered clergy in the 1980's?

Draft saved Draft deleted