1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More evidence that the NBA playoffs are more exciting than March Madness

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, May 2, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Um, the thread says nothing about a better basketball team; only more exciting.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He said "level of play" in that post.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The fact that college players are competing against college players dilutes the "level of play" aspect in people's minds and fools the brain into believing that what it sees is somehow remotely equivalent to the NBA.

But it's not.

It's like when you watch Serena Williams slug it out with Maria Sharapova.

The mind sees "top-level tennis." And it is very good, very entertaining, very competitive.

But in reality, neither player is among the top 1,000 tennis players in the world.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That really answers it for me.

But the NBA does have one thing that's better than college: Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith.

Well, that's two things.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

The NBA guys are so much more athletic and talented than college guys, it's just not comparable. I like watching pros more than college, in general

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

One-time answer on an SAT test:*

Office pools are to the NCAA Tournament like . . .

. . . betting is to the NFL.

Both are great without the add-ons. But neither would be remotely as popular without them.

* just kidding

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, the NBA might have more talented players, but it's boring. And nothing NOTHINg makes me happier than seeing the Lakers getting knocked out last night so we don't have six more weeks of fellatio.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I like the NBA playoffs better because the better team pretty much always moves on. I love upsets, but I like to see the superior team be rewarded. This doesn't always happen in the NCAA's

Draft saved Draft deleted