1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More ESPN Bashing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 29, 2006.

1. This sounds to me like tinfoil hat time, but does anyone who watches more ESPN than I do know whether there's a lick of substance here? (The Myers bit, for example?)
    http://rawstory.com/showoutarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstoryonly%2F2006%2F9%2F26%2F8550%2F57285

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i read this somewhere else, too. not sure if it was from a link on SportsJournalists.com or elsewhere but i don't think it's tinfoil stuff.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Dude's sarcasm meter is busted if he's taking such offense at a Rush Limbaugh label on a HR call.

4. I was at that game (where Kerry bounced the first pitch 10 feet from the plate) and the boos were very real. In fact I bet more people were booing than cheering and that was in supposedly Kerry's hometown.

5. Gotta back up Chris L. on this one. I've never voted Republican in my life, but I was also there and Kerry was pretty much booed out of the joint.

6. Politicians get booed. Part of the deal. EVERY politician gets boed.
    That's part of why I wondered about this story.
    "Rush Limbaugh -- Right and fair"?
    Maybe a Rush Limbaugh home run would be right and relatively painless.
    Certainly there's a "good wood on the ball" joke out there, too.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Said joke would have to invlove the words "pill," "Good wood," and "Bonds," arranged in the correct order.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I try to ignore ESPN as much as possible anymore, but this comes off as a little crackpot.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Randi Rhodes was talking about this a few days ago.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

DailyKos.com and RawStory.com are two great recruiting tools for the Republican party...what a bunch of whiny assholes. Thank God I quit reading political blogs.....I'm better informed, less angry and reduced my exposure to bipartisian ignorance (Those sites thrive off of whatever idiocy gets belched out by Ann Coulter or Rush or O'Falafel or some random wingnut blogger)

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Pure tinfoil hat bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted