1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

"MOM! I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!"

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Good for him. Classy. Hope he lands somewhere where he can get out more often. And it would be neat if he grew a ponytail and showed it off as a bit of a Clayton branding and subtle FU.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

And this is something new?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"Don't believe it, red staters, ESPN still hates you" -- inevitable Clay Travis column regarding this Hank Williams Jr. announcement

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll admit, that surprised me. But also shows how desperate ESPN is with MNF. They're hoping you'll tune in to see Hank like the old days, then accidentally leave the lousy game on while you go read or clean the house.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Next stop, Bill Simmons back at the mother ship.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

ESPN could figure out a way to bring Hank Williams Sr. back to sing the theme and I still wouldn't watch MNF.

9. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

ESPN's cutting of Andy Katz and John Clayton is all I need to know about ESPN being a joke. You can just tell how hard those guys work by their expertise. If you can't come up with the dollars to pay those two, you should not be taken seriously as a network. Katz and Clayton are really good, folks. ESPN is a joke of an entity. They can't afford those two??

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Maybe they can, but we all know the information provided doesn't really matter, because cord-cutters.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is scary that there is someone at ESPN who thinks HankJr. is still relevant. Probably the same idiot execs who keep bringing back 90s shows.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As a sports fan, I still don't know why we need a special song for each game on Sunday night and Monday night. I can make a bit of a case for SNF since it's on an over-the-air general network and you might want a touch of entertainment. But ESPN is a sports network, or at least pretends to be one, right? Just start the game, especially on a Monday and I'm on the edge of being footballed out.

Draft saved Draft deleted