1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Then you only need free wifi. Panera bread, libraries, etc.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yup, I did the same thing. Bought an amazon fire stick, jail broke it and installed the Kodi App. Then added the SportsDevil app. Can watch every live sports event or just tune into particular channels.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Can somebody explain this? I Googled Matticom and Google warned it might be hacked. I looked up reviews for the device and none said anything about watching cable sports for free.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I was having trouble funding my coke habit, but then I discovered there's a great way to make money. When people aren't home, I just visit their homes and take their stuff.

Oh, wait, that would be stealing. And that's wrong.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  5. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

If ESPN wanted to show 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. EST games live on weekdays, who could they talk into scheduling that early? College baseball? NBA D-League? D-II college basketball? D-I women's?

6. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Lower-level Division I men's basketball conferences in the Eastern and Central time zones -- American East, Atlantic Sun, Big South, CAA, Horizon League, Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, Northeast, Patriot, Southern, Southwestern Athletic and Sun Belt.

7. CD Boogie

Know what else is stealing? Making people buy stations like ESPN as part of a package instead of giving them true a la carte options. The likes of ESPN got fat off people who didn't even necessarily want it or have any interest in sports. The market is correcting itself. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to slam the door on jailbreaking the Amazon firestick just as they managed to shut down other conduits.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Greed is good.

Got them to WWL status.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Horseapples. They're selling a product. You don't want the product, move on. Or, you know, steal it like you seem to be doing.

10. CD Boogie

C
    they are part of a racket and the biggest beneficiaries of said racket.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How do you know? ESPN gets the money it gets because the cable companies think the channels are worth it. HGTV gets shit from the cable companies because nobody watches it.

In the end it's a business model. If you don't like it fine, but don't throw around cartel bullshit.

12. CD Boogie

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about in terms of how channels are packaged and sold. Go educate yourself

Draft saved Draft deleted