1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More crazee in Georgia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by secretariat, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. MrHavercamp

MrHavercamp Member

Since Obama is the first and only black president, I'd say the threat was about both. But, yes, I'm sure the person who made the comment, and all the people who laughed, are really enlightened when it comes to race relations. You keep on believing that.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't see any evidence of their enlightenment on racial relations or the lack there of.

It's just amusing that you accuse me of injecting race into the conversation -- which I didn't -- and then you go and put racial motives into play when there's no evidence of it.

4. YankeeFan

Where'd the scarecrow go?

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. YankeeFan

There he is!

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Have you ever been to Oglethorpe County, Georgia? Because I have. And let's just say I wouldn't call it the most enlightened place in the world.

8. YankeeFan

Please, tell me more. I'd love to here your opinion of these people.

9. YankeeFan

What would you say about the above statement now? What if I had said the South Bronx or Dearborn, Michigan?

Who's stereotyping now?

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

Roosevelt received 71% of the African-American vote in '36.

Truman got 77% in '48.

Racial and identity politics has only grown since then.

I don't think you can argue that Republicans walked away from the African-American vote.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yep, you got me. Darn it. You're right. There are definitely no racists left anywhere. And absolutely none of the opposition to Obama is down to his race. Nope. Not at all.

So I'd better not argue with you any more. I'll just point out that you're now defending someone who suggested the president of the United States be shot, and the people who *laughed* at that comment, not by suggesting that they were misunderstood, but by arguing that they weren't racist.

Because, you know, as long as it's not about the color of his skin, that sort of thing is just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.