1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More cowbell

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 8, 2007.

1. I believe "She doesn't think the cowbell skit is funny" is one of the accepted reasons for divorce.
    If you can prove that one in court, you get everything and she gets all the debt.

2. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

That Cowbell skit is one of the funniest skits on SNL in the past 20 years or so, though I'm not that big of a Ferrell fan.

IMO, the funniest skits I've ever seen on television were the Dave Chappelle's True Hollywood Stories with Charlie Murphy - Rick James and Prince. Just unbelievable.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Can I finish one god-damned story?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and the only prescription is more cowbell.

5. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Chappelle's Wayne Brady skit was right up there — if not better — than the Rick James stuff.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

have i told you how much i enjoy your posts, newb? i just might vote you for newbie of the year.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

For someone who looks nothing like James Lipton, he does a spot-on James Lipton.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I discount the cowbell skit without Christopher Walken. You have to have both of 'em.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!!!!! (Hi, Cosmo!)

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

IJAG, I wish you weren't a liar. ;)

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This has been my favorite Will Farrell skit for quite awhile, even though it's not one that often gets mentioned:

http://www.videosift.com/video/Mr-Tarkanian-the-Boss-From-Hell-Will-Ferrell

The best thing about the skit -- other than Ferrell's line about "I am this close to raping you!", whice makes Pierce Brosnan almost lose it -- is that Ferrell clearly understands that stabbing the guy with a trident 17 times is pretty funny, but stabbing a guy with a trident 33 times is really fucking funny.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Will and some pals are taking a show on tour right about the time "Semi-Pro" is being released. They'll be at URI Feb. 7. Maybe Will can sell it out - even a good Rams team can't sell out that pretty new arena unless Providence or Dickie V is in the house.

Draft saved Draft deleted