1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More 9/11 foolishness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 22, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

E-mail we got in the office today from someone wanting to re-enact 9/11 to study whether or not it was actually a controlled demolition. He's obviously insane, and I immediately thought of some of the crazy theories put forth on here on the recent 9/11 threads.

Did anybody else's paper get this?

It has been five years since 911.
    >What now? Do nothing? WRONG, we keep the investigation ALIVE.
    >As with any other crime scene, here is how we do it...
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >Hello,
    >
    >After viewing different videos over and over again, I am convinced that ALL three towers were detonated to bring them down. I am sure you already heard this from millions of people. I have a solution on how we can prove to the entire world that those planes did not bring down those three towers. I have spoken to about 100 people about an idea and 80 of them love it.
    >
    >Billions of people want to know the truth. So how do we do it? Its easy, we reenact. Think I'm joking or crazy? Well no I'm not. I am serious about bringing this to the big table. We can make a public announcement to the world media that we are going to reenact 911. We explain to the world what "We the People" are doing. We start a campaign; get sponsors and volunteers (engineers, scientists, forensic experts etc) from around the world to help reenact 911. Do you realize how big this could be? This is bigger than any Hollywood movie. Imagine the support we would get to reenact 911. We pick a secure isolated piece of land in the California desert (old air force base) or somewhere else suitable for the reenactment. We build one tower using the exact specifications as the original. I am sure we can get engineers and architectures to re-build it. They may even volunteer to do it because of media publicity and recognition. While the tower is being built we can establish a relationship with the airlines and see if they will donate the same jet used in 911. While the tower is being built, we prepare the plane with digital equipment so we can remotely control the jet to fly into the building. The plane can be manually piloted until target range. The pilot can parachute out of the aircraft and the digital systems on board will resume the flight on target. We have the technology and data for the reenactment. We can invite the whole world to watch on D-Day. This story is bigger than any space shuttle launch or David Copperfield escaping some demolition building. Imagine the site with forensic experts, scientist, government and news crews from all over the world watching it LIVE. We will then see if the tower collapses or not. We can collect and analyze the data from 100 internal/external cameras and other digital equipment like heat sensors, shock sensors etc. We can compare the data; all the videos from 911 can be compared to the videos from our reenactment.
    >
    Con't

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Con't

This is a real big idea. I really believe we will learn so much from it. Also we would also earn a lot of money in the end to pay for the reenactment. Imagine all the television stations around the world wanting interviews during the planning, organizing, staffing, directing and execution phases. Oh my god the stories, interviews and documentary would be endless. How long would all this take? Well depends on the feedback from people around the world. I guesstimate 5 years. Depending on the sensitivity of the people, we can even reenact 911 (LIVE) on September 11, 2011.
    >
    >Conclusion: Why am I doing this? After serving 21 1/2 years in the army and working close operations with army combat engineers, I have seen and played with explosives in the field. After seeing the 911 videos something stinks about it and it's not Bin Laden or jet fuel. It smells more like explosives or advanced incendiary devices.
    >
    P.S. Please do not reveal me to the national media. Many people think it is a great idea and that I should go on TV and address it but I haven't yet. It would be nice to do it with more support from others. I fear that critics of both administrations will shoot me down if I go at it alone.
    >
    >Does reenactment of 911 sounds crazy? Sure does. The idea of going to the moon was crazy too but we did it. The capabilities of reenactment are there. I am serious about it and I think we should act on it. This would open so many new doors. Who knows, the people involved in 911 may fear of the findings and come forward and blow the whistle. Can you imagine the pressure when everyone finds out that we are building one of the trade towers and actually going to reenact 911?

The suspense and sweat will be there for five years until the reenactment day takes place.
    >
    >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >In addition, to my original email, here is even more food for thought:
    >
    >We let the tower burn and burn. Let the fire burn itself out.
    >If the tower does not fall, then we fly another jet into same spot again.
    >We let the tower burn again.
    >After it passes the second test, then can even do one more thing.
    >We rig the tower with explosives like on 911.
    >We can either detonate it or fly one more jet into it then detonate it.
    >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >Thank you for your time, reply appreciated.
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >
    Name deleted to protect the crazy
    >Computer Scientist
    >U.S.Army, Fort Hood, Texas
    >Master Sergeant (Retired)

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Great idea.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Agreed. Let's go back to the moon.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I bet all kinds of pilots are lining up to volunteer for the re-enactment.

6. WOW...

Just leave it alone.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Buildings, too.

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

We got it at our place, too.

The best part is how he's going to fund it by doing all of these media interviews. Yeah, those pay handsomely.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, that just made my morning.

Best line:

Can you imagine the TV advertising sales people pitching the "live re-enactment".

"Yes, our target audience is the immediate family, relative and close friends of the 3,000 killed on 9/ll. And of course, we're doing it for the kids'.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

"This is how we do it ..."

This guy is insane in the membrane.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Wanted to throw this on here, because the other 9/11 thread sank...

I received this message from a high school buddy today:

" I just wanted to let everyone in on the news all at once. My unit will be headed to Iraq for a year in mid-october. Hard to believe this will be the third time over. Keep us in your prayers."

He's got a six-year-old daughter who doesn't really know him because he's been in Iraq most of her life. Yes, he knew these things were a possibility when he enlisted, but damn, three times? In five years? And we all know a one-year assignment will stretch into 18 months or more.

It's time to get out.

12. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Hey cadet:

Tell your friend folks all over have him in our prayers.

Draft saved Draft deleted