1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Montana prude professor frets about college sex column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Mar 11, 2009.

1. lono

lono Active Member

It continues to amaze me that people think that just because they find something offensive, they have the right to decided whether it be published at all.

If it offends you, don't read it. Not a difficult concept to grasp, really.

The only way if affects her reputation as a member of the faculty is that it portrays her as someone remarkably closed-minded, the antithesis of what education is supposed to be about.

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

As somebody who works on one, this stuff is all too common on college campuses. And it's not just from religious wackos trying to pimp ideology, though that happens way too often.

We had a law professor accuse us of libel a while back. She introduced herself as a tort professor and since libel is a part of tort law, I quickly shit myself. Went to look at the ad she was beefing with and it wasn't within three time zones of libel. Like this lady, she was just a common playground bully.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Ummmm... Yeah.

I'm interested to see how the Kaimin responds on its opinion pages.

4. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

http://www.montanakaimin.com/index.php/opinion/opinion_article/sex_column_adds_to_campus_discussion/3543

5. pallister

pallister Guest

This post offends me; please delete it.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Hoozahs and kudos to the best line in that editorial...
    Fanfuckingtastic.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I for one would not buy a chocolate vulva. A chocolate penis though, now that would be tempted.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you really should try the vulva. it tastes like chicken.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

rhymes with Mulva...

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm offended by most college paper sex columns too. Because they are horrible (usually).

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

[​IMG]

Ummm .... chocolate vulva.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

College newspaper sex columns? My times sure have changed over the past 20 years.

I can just see the look on the face of the faculty overlord at my college paper if someone had suggested running a sex column. Sheesh!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted