1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monica Lewinsky back in the news

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, May 7, 2014.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Her or Bill?
    And she has aged quite nicely, from the looks of the photo in N.Y. Post. #would

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

She may have been angry because even when Bill was real horny he probably wouldn't take a bj from her.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm actually surprised she's still on the market. Figure she's kind of eager to take a new last name.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Those first dates must be fun.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I would think trying not to imagine her sucking Bill Clinton's, um, chief of staff is a nonstarter for many potential suitors.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Would imagine that you could not be a cigar smoker
    either.

She would be a good fit for someone who needed to be
    on the phone alot.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I consider myself a Clinton fan, although with serious reservations. And I think that the GOP behaved deplorably during that whole episode.

That said ...

What Clinton did was a really big deal, and it was really reprehensible. He's the leader of the free world, kibitzing with a 22-year-old (right?) White House intern. That's hideous, considering the power dynamics at work there. And that doesn't get stated nearly enough in the knee-jerk reflex on the left to dismiss it as no big deal, largely as a tactical maneuver in response to the GOP making it too big of a deal.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He did a bit more than kibitz with her.

9. That's the big deal?
    That he had an affair? I suspect you are in the minority opinion.

IMO, his major transgression was lying under oath. Period.
    How many presidents have had dalliances? I count five 20th Century Presidents.
    With interns? I count 2.
    How many have lied under oath?
    To me, that's an unpardonable act.

10. Dick Whitman

I was understating for effect. To be very clear: What Bill Clinton did was unacceptable in the workplace.

11. Dick Whitman

With a subordinate.

I don't care if he was married or not. That's his personal business.

He had a sexual relationship with a subordinate. That's a firing offense at most workplaces.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In terms of his dealing with women, his interaction with Lewinsky, though reprehensible, isn't in his top three for most reprehensible.

The way his team, which included his wife, tore down these women is also reprehensible, and included a history of pressuring people to file false affidavits.

As for this article, it's published by Graydon Carter, and written by a former Democratic staffer. It's hardly the GOP that is bringing this up.

Draft saved Draft deleted