1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MoneyLeague Draft

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lawrenceofalabia, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Re: MoneyLeague Hotstove

If all 12 managers kick in $25.00 with NSPF's $600.00 committment, that is still a healthy $900.00 pot...not bad.

$25.00 admission to win several hundred kicking ass in an SportsJournalists.com league...not bad either.

Brittney, sending the checks out is icing on the cake.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Re: MoneyLeague Hotstove

The Brittney component of this thread is becoming useless without pictures. (Hey, if she'll send me lipstick covered notes, she'll let you post a picture, right?)

3. Re: MoneyLeague Hotstove

Beaver Retrievers didn't win shit, but we retrieved with aplomb.

4. Rambler

Rambler Member

The Pale Ale Hose will return to defend their second-place finishes. I'm willing to kick in $25 or whatever.

RE ABOVE PISSING MATCH: Christ.

5. outofplace

Hehe... Well said, my worthiest challenger.

Though most of said pissing match was a while ago.

6. The Money League draft is Sunday, 3/25/07, at 8pm. Last year's payout was $600.00. League sponsor, National Sports Preservation Foundation, is in again for 2007 at $600.00. The returning managers have agreed to pay $25.00. New manager spots will be $50.00. If no new managers apply, then the payout will ONLY be $900.00. Not bad for a $25.00 investment. Look on the earlier pages of this thread for last year's payouts.

PM any manager or myself for a link to the league page. You need one of the following prerequisites to apply:
    1) a former manager in the money league or its predecessors;
    2) won or finished second in your league’s 2006 regular season or playoff.
    3) Or have dinero and stones.

Also, the league settings are being discussed now through e-mail, PM's and Fed Ex envelopes containing small amounts of cash. Join now so you can discuss and be satisified with the rules.

So far it is a 12 teamer, Yahoo live draft, with league settings of 6 hitting cats and 6 pitching cats. Presently, there is a discussion to institute a roster move limit to prevent certain strategies that involve high numbers of player drop/adds. That is the hot topic regarding the settings/rules for this year.

The prize money has increased at least 50% this year so far without debate amongst the managers. Get in this year so you can have a spot for next year too. With another successful year, and the managers kicking in $ in 2007, I think NSPF can be convinced to up its contribution to four figures in 2008.

Draft is Sunday at 8.

Be there. Aloha.

edited for title change to "Draft"

7. outofplace

Ok kiddies....who's going to come try to knock me off my throne?

Rambler, get yourself signed back up already, will ya?

8. Murci is back, bitches.

Stay away from Mark Teahen.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I've got cajones and money, but I'd be lucky to make a Class A roster with no experience.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You're hired!

11. outofplace

That's ok. You don't need experience to look up at me in the standings. ;D

12. outofplace

Shameless bump

Draft saved Draft deleted