1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Momma, let your babies grow up be executive management

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Mar 6, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Okay, for the last time, because you clearly do not get it.

Freddie repays their TARP. But it contributes to larger losses for Freddie. Which the taxpayer is the bagholder for. YAY TARP!

2. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Bottom line: TARP worked.

Things are trending in the right direction. Good for Bush and good for America.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There's little doubt at this point that quick governmental intervention staved off what could have become a far worse catastrophe. Keep in mind, too, that the people who pushed the intervention were all free-market believers in pin-striped suits. They blinked. And I'm happy that they had the political courage to blink -- to understand history -- and do the right thing for the world economy.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wamu execs, and their spouses, being sued by FDIC

http://consumerist.com/2011/03/fdic-sues-former-wamu-execs-their-wives-over-risky-loans.html

5. printdust

printdust New Member

This would take some doing, but is it possible that everyone with a 401K could commit to take it and identify slime companies like these, pull their shares from those companies and put them in others? I know some mutuals are grouped but some also have some designate options, for lack of a better phrase to describe it. If enough mutual fund investments were yanked, these parasites would cut loose and begin scrambling. Maybe I'm dreaming, but what a dream.

Draft saved Draft deleted