1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moments from hell -- random bad things that happen thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by crimsonace, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

OK, so I make airline reservations four months ago to go to St. Petersburg (via Washington and Frankfurt, Germany).

Flight is tomorrow.

Second and third legs of trip on . . . Lufthansa.

Guess who went on strike three hours ago? Lufthansa.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think this wins. Such as it is.

That blows. Good luck.

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I've had a mouse in my kitchen for a month. It had a party in my cabinets while I was on vacation, went through three bags of chips and a candy bar. The maintenance guys have since put down glue traps and sealed holes behind my kitchen appliances and around pipes. An exterminator has laid out poison four times in the past five weeks.

I've checked the kitchen every morning, and was finding fewer and fewer droppings. I thought that might be a sign that the mouse was dying, since I've locked up all the food.

On Saturday night, the mouse darted out from behind my TV set. It was going for a 9-year-old cellophane-wrapped mugful of chocolate from a friend's bridal shower that I totally forgot was there. (I put it away before the mouse could actually eat the candy.) Today, it ran across the apartment when I came home with takeout.

It's found the rest of the place. It's only a studio apartment, which means there's absolutely nothing to stop the mouse from running right over <i>me</i> while I'm asleep.

How can I catch this thing before I lose what's left of my mind?!?

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Aren't you supposed to be going to meet the future Mrs. BTExpress?

What are you going to do?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not the entire airline. just baggage handlers and cabin workers.

Still, they say there will likely be all kinds of disruptions.

Just have to wait and see if and how badly my flights are screwed up.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mousetrap + peanut butter = dead mouse

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Already tried that with glue traps. Also the electric trap, though I only put that out last night. I put a wee bit o' chocolate in the middle of a glue trap today, since Mousie seems to like candy almost as much as I do.

I opened my window 'cause the weather's nice. I wonder if Mousie will chew through the screen to get out.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe these guys can help...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted