1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Moment of Truth" on Fox

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a good concept for a show, but I don't know if it's being properly executed.

Also, a lot of the questions are judgment calls. If the first guy had grabben a woman's ass, but he didn't think that was "inappropriate" then, he would still be in the game...

Since everything else is in reruns because of the writer's strike, this may be watched a few more times...

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's how a lie detector works. It's whatever your version of the truth.

If someone thought it was appopriate to screw the cleaning lady on a desk (Constanza!) he could truthfully answer he never did anything inappropriate. Another guy might have thought lingering on a co-worker's cleavage for a split second was out of line.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Was that wrong?

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Isn't this the reason why lie detector results aren't admissible as evidence in court?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Same here, pal. I'm not sure I'd be a fan-favorite, but I'd be a lot richer than them, so who gives a shit what they think?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Man, I didn't even get to this post before making my last one. Good call, Arnold. That's quality.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Because if anyone had told me that sort of thing was frowned upon ...

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Remember, Jerry, it's not a lie if YOU believe it is true.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Who do you think you are ... Costanza?

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Anybody up for a pool on which date a participant in this show is murdered? I'll say March 2.

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If any of the contestants took Xanax before the lie detector, they could probably beat it...

Yes, this is why lie detectors aren't allowed to be used in court.

If you murdered someone and you can convince yourself you didn't do it, the test will show that...

Draft saved Draft deleted